Preparing for the first jump: equipment for beginners
At first glance, a beginner in parachute sports faces a lot of difficulties. In fact, everything is not as difficult as it seems. We will try to answer the most common questions that you may have after making a decision to try your hand at jumping. So:
What to wear?
• Wear special sports equipment, and if you do not have it yet, you can limit yourself to just comfortable casual clothing suitable for the weather conditions of a particular day.
• If you are going to change clothes before training, bring a pair of pants and a comfortable turtleneck or long-sleeved jumper (but no hood!) To wear them for jumping.
• Beginners do not always have the opportunity to purchase special shoes. You will need high-quality, breathable, comfortable sports shoes, or just a pair of good sneakers.
• Remember: high boots, shoes with hook clasps, high heels and loose open membranes are unacceptable!
• If you have long hair, be sure to take a few sturdy barrettes with you.
• If you wear contact lenses or glasses, notify your instructor, and you will be provided with protective glasses that will protect your eyes / contact lenses and / or fit your glasses.
• Most skydiving clubs will provide you with a special jump suit.
What to take with you?
All equipment for skydiving will be safely packed. All that you should take with you is courage and thirst for extreme sports!
If you are a skydiving enthusiast, you already know all about adrenaline addiction and gravitational attraction, so do not miss the chance of an exciting jump if you relax (or are on a business trip) in South Africa. After all, this area can surprise you not only with exotic nature or strange animals, but also with ancient traditions of parachutism.
South Africa boasts numerous long established and reputable parachuting clubs. They are mostly co-located in Pretoria, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban, Bloemfontein, on the Wine Road, the picturesque Garden Route and in some smaller university cities such as Grahamtown.
Thanks to the excellent climate, mostly clear skies and spectacular landscapes, skydiving is a very popular sport that is practiced throughout the year throughout South Africa.
If you are fond of paragliding or hang gliding, the sky of South Africa will surpass your highest expectations!
The parachute story in South Africa began with the creation of the historic Pietermaritzburg Parachute Club back in 1954, making it one of the oldest parachute clubs in the world, starting from the era of skydiving as an entertainment and sporting activity for Europeans living in former colonial cities.
Today there are hundreds of such clubs in South Africa, and their activity combines ancient traditions and modern technologies. So do not miss the opportunity to experience the numerous drop zones (jump areas) scattered throughout South Africa!